The Model AT 1500 Ultraviolet (UV) disinfection system provides reliable treatment without chemical addition. A complete treatment unit, the Model AT 1500 UV disinfection system reduces harmful pathogenic bacteria levels below bathing water quality standards, particularly with the high quality effluent provided by the Singulair Bio-Kinetic Wastewater Treatment Plant. The compact design of the system minimizes the amount of excavation required making installation quick and easy. Ultraviolet disinfection is routinely used in ecologically sensitive areas where residuals from chemical disinfection could possibly create problems in the receiving environment.
The Model AT 1500 UV disinfection system is equipped with an internal current sensing circuit that continuously monitors the performance of the UV lamp. This self-diagnostic feature monitors the current that is used by the UV lamp. If the ultraviolet lamp output drops below an acceptable level for proper disinfection, the alarm circuit will turn "off" the green LED located on the outside of the control center and generate an alarm signal. If the disinfection system is connected to the optional Service Pro control center, the system owner and service provider are immediately notified of the alarm condition and a UV disinfection alarm code is registered in the service history data base.
The Model AT 1500 UV disinfection system is designed to provide long service life. It is recommended that the disinfection sub-assembly be removed and serviced every six months by a factory trained service technician. To insure proper disinfection, the UV lamp should be replaced every two years.
Maximum Gravity Flow Rate (Single Unit):
Each unit is designed to handle a maximum flow rate of 8,640 GPD (6 GPM) when the BOD and TSS are both less than 10mg/L.
If the BOD and TSS are both between 10 mg/L and 30 mg/L the maximum flow rate is 4,320 GPD (3 GPM).
Inlet and Outlet Connections 4" Hub Coupling
NEMA 4X weatherproof electrical enclosure for lighting ballast and all electrical components
Control Power: AC 115 volt, 1 phase, 60 hz - 15 FLA
The Norweco AT 1500 Ultraviolet Disinfection System is the first and only UV System to be UL Listed under Standard 979 for residential applications. In addition, the Norweco AT 1500 UV System is ANSI and NSF approved.
Remote monitoring controller is available as an option and will notify system owner and service provider of any change in performance.
All replacement parts for the Norweco AT 1500 including the UV Lamp are available. Please contact us for details.
Advantages of the Norweco AT 1500:
- Dual-pass design assures the integrity of the treatment process. All liquid flowing through the system is treated twice by the UV lamp, once on the way down and again on the way back up. This doubles the exposure to the UV light and greatly improves the treatment.
- All electrical components are contained in a NEMA 4X weatherproof electrical enclosure. These components control the disinfection process and assure treatment integrity. The gasketed cover is secured with screws to seal the enclosure.
- Our long-life lamp is designed and tested to be superior to competitive products currently used in onsite wastewater treatment. The bulb is stronger and provides more complete disinfection.
- The lighting ballast is contained within the gasketed electrical enclosure to assure maximum life. Competitive systems leave the ballast exposed to the treatment environment.
- Disinfection quality is assured by a corrosion resistant solid state circuit board that continually monitors system performance. A current sensing circuit within the controls automatically gives immediate notification should a service interruption occur.
- Easy to install and maintain. The entire UV process is contained within a convenient ABS treatment chamber. Optional concrete or high-density polyethylene enclosures are also available to provide additional treatment.
- No chemical residual or harmful by-products. The AT 1500 UV treatment system provides superior disinfection and its performance is independent of the pH, temperature, and ammonia content of the effluent being treated.
- Low electrical usage. The high efficiency electrical controls use very little electricity.
- Inexpensive to install and operate. The AT 1500 can be installed for less than some chemical feed systems, and requires no recurring chemical purchase. The only maintenance requirement is periodic cleaning of the Teflon cover and lamp replacement every two (2) years.
- Can be used to eliminate contaminates not readily removed by chemical treatment. Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOP) can be constructed by supplementing the AT 1500 system with ozone or H2O2 to remove chemical resistant pollutants, such as certain pharmaceuticals and methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE).
Norweco Model AT 1500