Shell Darina SD2 Grease 14.1 oz Tube
This product name has been changed to Shell GADUS S2 U1000 2, formerly Shell Darina Grease SD 2
For use on Non-Gas Roots Blowers with a grease lubricated drive end, Roots specifies Shell Darina SD 2.
One tube contains 14.1 ounces of grease.
Shell Darina® Greases SD are multipurpose, non-soap greases. They give excellent lubrication for extended time periods, in wet or dry applications, and over a wide range of temperatures. They are also formulated to provide extreme pressure (EP) characteristics. Shell Darina Greases SD are based on a non-melting bentonite clay thickener system. Due to the inert nature of the clay, these greases are suitable for applications where the lubricant is exposed to contaminants such as water and chemicals found in many industrial applications including chemical plants and paper mills. These greases are not recommended for use in centralized lubrication systems.
Excellent for applications in the following environments:
- industrial grease-lubricated machinery at temperatures up to 250°F (350°F with frequent lubrication)
- ball, roller, and sleeve bearings, as well as sliding surfaces and grease lubricated gears
- wet and heavily loaded applications
- chemical plants and paper mills, where grease is exposed to very wet conditions
- mining and process plants, where crushers, screens and kilns are operated at high temperatures
Features and Benefits
- excellent resistance to water washout
- good load carrying capability
- good resistance to rust and corrosion